As our new Environmental Technician, your main goals are to become a subject matter expert in our areas of expertise and provide our full range of environmental services to clients.
These include (and are not limited to) services like environmental site assessments, asbestos and mould assessments, indoor air quality assessments, lead surveys, and more.
You’ll spend about half your time working independently in the field, and the other half of your time working alongside the team in our Toronto office.
You’ll conduct a variety of environmental assessments by surveying sites, monitoring and collecting samples, and gathering relevant information and data by interviewing client representatives. With this information, you’ll generate detailed technical reports that will help our clients achieve safer environments.
The autonomy and flexibility of this role will give you a deep sense of satisfaction, as will the chance to work with an incredibly supportive management team who is dedicated to your success and professional development.
Your success will also depend on your initiative to learn. You’ll enhance your existing knowledge of environmental regulations, hazardous materials, and occupational health and safety through self-directed study and one-on-one learning with senior members of our team. There’s a lot to learn, and that excites you.
With your environmental field experience, you’ll be ready to jump right in here. And while your experience is important, you’ll thrive in this role because you are:
- A strong communicator – you’re great at getting your message across in person, and in writing. Our clients and our team will appreciate the clarity you provide across all mediums.
- Detail-oriented – you take thorough notes. Your documentation is accurate and concise, and you never miss any details.
- Organized – you take a systematic approach to your projects and you keep up with multiple priorities easily.
Working @ T. Harris Environmental Management
We’re a team of highly specialized professionals passionate about meeting our clients’ environmental needs.
If you asked members of our team why they love working here, they’d tell you that we have an empowering environment where continuous learning and personal and professional development are celebrated. We encourage our staff to bring forward their ideas, thoughts, and desires as they expand their environmental expertise.
We have a friendly and supportive team and encourage an open-door work environment.
If this sounds like somewhere you’d like to work, then we can’t wait to hear from you.
This is a full-time permanent position working out of our Toronto office, located near Hwy 27 and Dixon Road.
Along with a comprehensive benefits package, you’ll earn $40,000 per year (negotiable with experience). You’ll also receive 3 weeks’ vacation to start.
You’ll typically work Monday to Friday, during normal business hours, but there is a lot of flexibility involved in this job depending on client needs. You’ll need to be on call throughout the week (including evenings), and alternating weekends. Generally, you’ll work 40 hours per week.
Here are our must-haves:
- Experience conducting field work related to environmental service/hazardous materials/occupational health and safety/industrial hygiene or related
- Post-secondary degree, diploma or certificate in a relevant discipline (environmental studies, occupational health and safety, environmental engineering, etc.)
- Valid driver’s license and access to a reliable vehicle for travelling to job sites
And here’s what would make you really stand out:
- Fluency in French
- Any of the following certifications/designations: WRT, AMRT, CET, or ROHT
- Relevant health and safety training: WHMIS, First Aid, Fall Protection
- Field experience with asbestos, sampling, surveying and inspections
- Familiarity with hazardous building materials (lead, silica, mercury, PCBs)
- Experience with air quality monitoring, flood investigations, and mould assessments
- Experience with IAQ evaluations and occupational hygiene assessments
- Familiar with O. Reg. 490/09 & 278/05 Designated Substances, OHSA & O. Reg. 833
How to Apply
Please submit your application here: firstname.lastname@example.org
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us.