Immediate Opening for One (1) Full Time Permanent Position
Locations: Toronto, Ontario – Occupational Hygiene Department
We are currently seeking motivated individuals with exceptional communication and leadership skills to join our team. We require an Occupational Hygienist with interpersonal and technical skills, knowledge of Occupational Hygiene, Occupational Health & Safety and Environmental Regulations. The successful candidate will conduct exposure assessments for chemical, biological and physical agents, carry out indoor air quality studies, and deliver other services relating to occupational health and safety, as requested by clients. This professional will perform necessary tests, write reports on finding, and ensure legislative compliance with regard to risk management and occupational health and safety.
Knowledge & Skill Requirements
- Three (3) to five (5) years of related work experience required
- Bachelor of Science / Applied Science (Engineering) or Master (science or engineering or occupational hygiene or equivalent)
- Certified Industrial Hygienist (CIH) or Registered Occupational Hygienist (ROH) or eligible to write exams
- Excellent presentation skills and experience with delivering training is an asset
- Technical competency using various types of testing equipment
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent relationship and team building skills
- Effective time management, multi-tasking and organizational skills
- Initiative to act appropriately without constant supervision
- Confidence to make effective decisions in a timely manner
- Sampling strategy / similar exposure groups and exposure modelling
- Data interpretation including lognormal probability plotting / Bayesian statistical analysis is an asset
- Proficiency in Windows applications, spreadsheets and e-mail, and able to read and interpret CAD drawings is an asset
- Valid Ontario driver’s license and access to a vehicle.
- Active in the occupational hygiene and/or safety community (an asset).
This position description is intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed in this job classification. It is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of responsibilities and duties required of this job classification.
We thank you for your interest in pursuing a career with the team at T. Harris Environmental Management Inc. and for taking the time to research our firm. We appreciate how difficult it is to secure employment at this point in time and we will review your CV in detail. However, we will only respond to those candidates that may fill a void in our firm or for any expressed openings that we may have
- Vision care
- Flexible working hours
- Dental care
- Vacation & paid time off
- Life insurance
- Bonus scheme
- On-site parking
- Company events & social hours
- Employee assistance programs
- Disability insurance
- Education reimbursement
- Wellness programs
- Extended health care
Reference ID: TO-IH2020
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Permanent
- Bonus Pay
We have installed barriers, provide hand sanitizer, implemented safety screening, and various other safety measures.
- Occupation Hygiene: 4 years (Preferred)
- CIH or ROH (Preferred)
- Ontario Driver’s (Required)
- Temporarily due to COVID-19
The position descriptions are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed in the corresponding job classifications. It is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of responsibilities and duties required under the corresponding job classification. We thank you for your interest in pursuing a career with the team at T. Harris Environmental Management Inc. and for taking the time to research our firm. We appreciate how difficult it is to secure employment at this point in time and we will review your CV in detail. However, we will only respond to those candidates that may fill a void in our firm or for any expressed openings that we may have.
How to Apply
Please submit your application here: firstname.lastname@example.org
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us.