Senior Manager – Environmental Services
Health, safety, environmental hazards – these are more than just buzzwords for you.
As a skilled environmental professional, they are what you’ve dedicated your career to.
You’re passionate about creating safe environments in which people can work and live without risk to their health.
So are we. We’re T. Harris Environmental Management, a leading Canadian environmental consulting firm, established in 1979. We specialize in environmental services, hazardous materials management, industrial hygiene, and occupational health and safety. We empower companies to create safe and healthy environments.
Now, we’re looking for a Senior Manager of Environmental Services in Toronto ONto complement our team. If you’re seeking a leadership opportunity where you can make an impact on a team, and the success of a business, then look no further.
Senior Manager, Environmental Services
As our Manager of Environmental Services, you will build and lead a team of multi-disciplinary environmental professionals and technicians as you manage a wide range of environmental services and/or projects for our clients.
These projects include (but are not limited to) services like: environmental site assessments and remediation, soil, groundwater, drinking water, environmental compliance approvals, and air quality projects.
You’ll come equipped with technical expertise and strong project management skills, which you’ll use to schedule, coordinate, and oversee technicians’ field work and data collection. You’ll make sure the information gathered and reported is accurate, and that projects remain on budget and on time. You will ensure client satisfaction, serving as their main contact from project start to completion.
You will also serve as a leader to your team. Your job will go beyond directing, monitoring, and assessing their work – you’ll also mentor, train, and keep them engaged with their work and our business. And you’re not afraid to get your hands dirty – you’ll lead by example in the field, when required.As you build a team that you can trust with the day-to-day, you’ll be able to focus on the bigger picture – working with clients and identifying new partnership opportunities. The best in this role will have the initiative to expand their network and do outreach to prospective clients. As an environmental subject matter expert, you’ll be in a prime position to help us grow our business.With your experience in environmental consulting and project management, you’ll be ready to jump right in here. And while your experience will be the foundation of your success, you’ll thrive in this role because you are:Growth-focused – you have big dreams for your team and the business. You have a vision for growth and will enjoy the challenge of achieving it.Team-focused – you strive to develop strong working relationships with your team built on trust, respect, and integrity.Business-focused – you have strong business acumen, and a solid understanding of the client, risk, and financial management involved in successful project completion.
This is a full-time permanent position working out of our Toronto office. You’ll typically work Monday to Friday, during standard business hours. You’ll travel locally to visit clients and job sites. There is potential for occasional provincial or inter-office travel.
Along with a comprehensive benefits package, you’ll earn a competitive salary (commensurate with experience).
Working @ T. Harris Environmental Management
We’re a team of highly specialized professionals passionate about meeting our clients’ environmental needs.
If you asked members of our team why they love working here, they’d tell you that we have an empowering environment where continuous learning and personal and professional development are celebrated. We encourage our staff to bring forward their ideas, thoughts, and desires as they expand their environmental expertise.
We have a friendly and supportive team and encourage an open-door work environment.
If this sounds like somewhere you’d like to work, then we can’t wait to hear from you.
Here are our must-haves:
- Field experience with environmental management projects (any of the following: ESA and remediation, soil, groundwater, drinking water, environmental permitting, air quality projects)
- Experience as a team leader, supervisor, or manager, in the context of environmental project management (directing and monitoring work of others)
- Strong financial management skills related to environmental project management – experience developing proposals and budgets, forecasting and tracking costs and revenue
- Professional designation as a P. Eng. and/or P. Geo. in the province of Ontario, or the ability to transfer credentials from another jurisdiction
- Thorough understanding of all relevant health and safety provincial and federal legislative requirements, for project management and the safety and welfare of your direct reports
- Solid understanding of and experience working with AutoCAD
- Valid driver’s license and access to a reliable vehicle for travelling to clients and job sites
And here’s what would make you really stand out (although not required)
- Experience with new business development in an environmental consulting firm
- Experience with Occupational Hygiene and Hazardous Materials (i.e. Asbestos, Lead) Assessments and Abatement
- A graduate degree in engineering or a related field
- Experience working with WinLog software is an asset
How to Apply
Please submit your application here: firstname.lastname@example.org
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us.